We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, February 2

Jovial January

Total: $1,390

The Breakdown:
Travel - $265
Clothing - $258
Randomness - $257
Health & Beauty - $160
Groceries - $106
Bars/Restaurants - $89
Entertainment - $87
Gifts - $80
Gasoline - $65
Maggie - $21
Snacks - $3

Not too bad. I spent the  majority of my money on stuff for India like meds, clothes, blah, blah, blah.

This is will one of my last monthly breakdowns folks. February will mark my last month of blogging. So start to prepare yourself now. I know it will be hard, and there may be tears...but it's for the best. As for the future of my spending...well my student loans from grad school kick in next month, and something tells me that the payments will keep me in check. (...by in check I mean eating white rice and frozen vegetables, pan handling, and perhaps even reverting back to my college self and selling sewn wears for cash. Good times)

No comments: