We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Friday, October 29

Happy Birthday Maggie Mae!

 Note: This is not Maggie, but another adorable dog that popped up when I googled "Dog Birthdays"

Today is the day of Maggie's 6th Birthday....sadly no she does not smell cake. She smells CUPCAKES! Yes, I did. I made her birthday cupcakes. They have yet to be frosted, but I made the little cakes themselves last night. Maggie was very interested.


Peanut Butter Delight Doggy Birthday Cake

1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes. 

Cinnamon Frosting

Combine the following ingredients and blend thoroughly: 
12 ounces nonfat cream cheese (room temperature)
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp honey


I may have cooked them a tad too long, I didn't account for their cupcakeness in the timing, the recipe was timed for cooking an actual cake. Something tells me that Maggie won't mind though.

Sadly, Maggie has to go to the vet today, not the best way to spend her birthday I know. I found a mass on her front right leg earlier this week so it needs to get looked at ASAP, for obvious reasons. Hopefully it's just a fatty mass. Fingers crossed. Feel free to send her some of your good karma.

(You're probably wondering what this has to do with being a conscious consumer, let me explain! How much more conscious can you be you decide to make your own food...or your dogs...instead of buying something processed, more expensive, and chances are not local. Besides, this blog is morphing into an amalgamation of the latest happenings in my/Maggie's life and my consumer decisions. Enjoy!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon MM!!