We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, February 1

Happy ALMOST Birthday...to ME!

It's true...in 18 days exactly I will be celebrating my...gulp...30th birthday. Gross. Luckily I will be celebrating on a plane on my way to India for three weeks. AND my theory is that if I'm not in this country for my 30th, then it doesn't count and I get to be 29 for another year. (please keep your opinions to yourself on my theory and try not to ruin my year, would ya?)

So anyways, I have already received some of my birthday presents. People should have really learned by now that you can't give me anything early, b/c I will annoy you until you let me open it, or I will open it as soon as you leave. I don't love surprises...they're not my thing...never have been.

Here's what I got from my mom and dad...

 Kitchen Aid Food Processor. 
My mom is very enthusiastic about my new found interest in cooking and baking (mostly baking...let's face it the outcome is just so much tastier...mmm sugar)

Krinkles Eggplant Lady Ornament.
 Krinkles Poinsettia Fairy Lady.

...from my brother,
The coolest teapot around...NUMI, organic flowering tea. It's the coolest thing maybe ever. You add hot water and this weird looking little tea pod expands into a flower. AND it's delicious. 

...from my friend Hilary, 
A gift card for Groupon. I didn't even know you could get a gift certificate for Groupon! Awesome!!

AND Aaron has planned an evening out in Boston for us for my birthday b/c I told him I don't need anything. So we're packing up Maggie and heading to the city for an evening. I have a feeling he's up scheming something else, but I haven't been able to dig up any additional information...and I'm trying my best not to cross any lines with my snooping. Granted that's been hard for me to refrain from, but I'm trying. 


Thanks for the birthday cheer!

No comments: