We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, February 15

Weekend Damages (2/12 - 2/13)

Saturday
  • $0 
So while I may not have spent any money on Saturday it certainly wasn't a dull day. Aaron planned a nice evening in Boston for us, Maggie included (he actually found a hotel...the Hyatt...that allowed dogs). Maggie was quite the little city dog. Sooo much to sniff! She loved it, and she made herself right at home in the hotel too.


Anyways, I figured something was up, I just had a gut feeling...and I was right! I'm a genius.

I got a text from my cousin 3 hours before we were supposed to be at dinner telling me Happy Birthday (funny b/c he should probably know that I have the same birthday as my Uncle...his father...and it wasn't Saturday) and to tell my nan not to have too many drinks because he was picking her up for an early mass Sunday morning...BUSTED! I of course told Aaron immediately that his plan was foiled :). So close....so very, very close.

So my family and some of my friends met us at Tresca for a very tasty dinner and then we headed over to The Greatest Bar for the rest of the evening. While I was expecting my family and I figured a couple of my friends to be at the restaurant for dinner, I had no idea that more people would be waiting for us at the bar, so Aaron did manage to pull off a semi-surprise for the evening. I even managed to walk by this sign on my way in...obviously I was in my own world.


Anyways, kudos to Aaron, Court and all else that helped in the planning efforts for the lovely evening, and for reminding me that fleeing the country for one's 30th birthday doesn't mean you'll get off without having a room full of people calling you old.


Sunday
  • $82.82 - Pet World (Food and such for Maggie)

No comments: