We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, February 6

This Week's Damages (1/31 - 2/4)

Woah, this week really got away from me.

Monday
  • $0
Tuesday
  • $50 - Jasmere
This site is really impressing me. I bought the voucher for Sticks and Stones,  with a friend of mine for another friend's bridal shower. Such a fun gift!


We got her one that says "trust." Not Alexis, I don't know who this Alexis character is, but I wanted to give you an example so you knew what I was talking about. Anyways, she's not sure if she's taking her soon-to-be husband's last name so that was out, and you can only use letters not number otherwise we would have gotten their wedding date, which would have been awesome. Alas, we settled on trust, b/c you need a bit of that in a marriage I've heard. Hope she likes it!

Wednesday
  • $0
Thursday
  • $0
Friday
  • $130 - Aaron (framing costs...we split the framing costs for my diplomas and my "Beer Allary" fabulous vintage poster...come to think of it, I'm not sure why he paid for any of it??? But who am I to argue!...also, I spend a lot of money on framing, it's insane) 
  • $32.19 - iParty (finishing touches to my gift for Averi's Bridal Shower)
  • $6.72 - Roche Brothers (Averi's gift)
So we had to bring a gift that could be used at the time written on your invitation to my friends bridal shower...I was assigned midnight. You could be doing a lot of things at midnight...AND I should mention that the invite also said to be as funny/creative as we wanted. I dabbled with the idea of playing this time slot on the more scandalous side but I decided to keep it clean and went with a rave theme. That's right rave...hence the $32 at iParty, that girls got a hell of a lot of glow sticks and blow pops now. Enjoy! :)

I should mention that I tried to talk my friend into giving Averi the morning after pill for her 9am time slot. Let me explain why this is so funny. First of all, that's the best idea EVER. Second, my friend who would be purchasing the pill is 7 months pregnant. The thought of the pharmacist's face when a 7-month pregnant woman asked for the morning after pill makes me smile. Sadly her husband didn't seem to think this was all that funny and my idea fell flat. I should have switched time slots with her...
  • I.O.Aaron - $100ish - to cover my part of Maggie's annual check up at Sudbury Animal Hospital (please enjoy the pictures of the abused puppy below)
 Miss Maggie, happily snorgling the snow. This is one of her favorite snowy day pastimes, aside from eating snow of course.

 Maggie and Aaron spooning in bed on Sunday morning. Nope, she's not spoiled at all.
Please note, I am not in bed because Maggie was dreaming and kept kicking me. I lost my spot to a dog....again, totally normal.

No comments: