We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, December 29

Gift Cards...What Gift Cards?

I am an expert at spending gift cards, and spending them quickly. I got a number of them this Christmas and have already managed to use up two of them and half of another. Here's what I bought in record time...

Dunkin Donuts ($30 value - $10 left)
  • 4 bags of ground coffee...they were having a sale! 4 bags for $20! Can't beat that. AND when you think about it, it's more responsible of me to spend some of my gift card on ground coffee b/c I can make it at home, which is way cheaper than using all the $$ up on cups at Dunks.
Amazon ($50 value - gonzo)
Barnes and Noble ($75 value - gonzo)

Yes, that's right I spent $125 on nothing but books. I'm a dork...now let's move on. So needless to say, I have a lot of reading to do! Good thing I have a very long flight in my very near future (ahhh, India is getting close!)

So anyways, I managed to snag up some fabulous deals on some good old fashion paperbacks and on some new ebooks. My ipad is like one giant ereader all wrapped up into one, so I can read Kinkle and Nook books on it. Love it! So here are some of them...

The next book club selection.


and I also got....
  • Ecology of a Cracker Childhood
  • Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolutoin - and How It Can Renew America
  • Green, Greener, Greenest: A Practical Guide to Making Eco-Smart Choices a Part of your Life
  • Plan B 4.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization
  • By Their Father's Hand
  • The Hands of the Buddha
  • The Hangman's Daughter
  • Easily Amused
So like I said, I have just a few books to read.







1 comment:

Hilary said...

I read the 19th wife - for some reason I can't get enough of the polygamy books and tv shows. The book is a nice, little mystery!