We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, December 21

Thursday - Sunday Damages (12/16 - 12/19)

Thursday
  • $0
Friday
  • $2 something - Dunkin Donuts (medium black)
  • $11.57 - Stop and Shop (lunch while at work...I was working behind a Stop and Shop)
Saturday
  • $0
Sunday
  • $10 - Station 5 Grill (local breakfast joint in Natick)
Aaron and I celebrated Christmas on Sunday evening...yes I realize we're a week early. The thought of dragging gifts all over Mass and then down to RI to open however, just isn't something we're about to do. So we do our own little mini Christmas a week early. We made homemade mac-and-cheese and some roasted asparagus for our Christmas feast and then did our stocking, Maggie's stocking, and presents. 

Here's the rundown of what I got Aaron and Maggie...and of what Aaron got me:

Aaron:
  • Sleeping bag
  • Sleeping pad (to go under said bag)
  • Lululemon sweats (sooo soft)
  • A Golf GPS thing (FREE! Court got it as a promo and her Aaron didn't want it so she gave it to me for my Aaron)
  • Framed his Bentley and UMass Diplomas
  • 2 Krinkles (Mr. & Mrs. Squirrel)
  • Smartwool socks
  • Michael Jordan T-shirt
  • Travel toiletries kit
  • Various stocking stuffers
Maggie's Stocking:
  • Toy - Green dog with Santa hat
  • Toy - Braided fleece reindeer
  • Chewies...for chewing obviously
Me:
  • ipad (it's GLORIOUS!)
  • ipad case
  • ipad camera adapter
  • Pandora charm (cute little purse)
  • Patience Brewster "Long Leaf" necklace (YAY!!! As you know...she's my favorite)
  • Ice coffee cup (no more plastic throw aways for me!)
  • Lime green Lululemon legwarmers
  • Lululemon yoga top
  • Butane refills (for the plethora of lighters that are out of fuel around here)
  • Leather conditioner for my horribly dirty wallet and couches
aaannndddd probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting right now, not because I didn't love it, but because Aaron went a tad overboard this year and there was a lot of stuff! He has more of a shopping problem than I do when it comes to Christmas!

That's all for now. I'll have some more to report after Christmas...as far as what I got for everyone. I can't post it yet b/c then they'll know what they're getting!


    No comments: