We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, December 13

Weekend Damages

Saturday
  • $38.05 - Petsmart (Maggie Food)
  • $37.97 - Roche Brothers
Sunday
  • $50 - Opa Opa (gift card for Aaron's grandparents)
  • $80 - Dunkin Donuts (gift cards for my dad and Aaron's uncle)
So I know you're probably wondering why I didn't just get the food while we were at Petsmart last night, but we ended up running back b/c Maggie was showing signs of another UTI :( I figured the Banfield Clinic in the store would be quickly and easier than our vet, which is a bit of a drive. Plus it's not like we haven't been through this before. Huge mistake, I will never go back to that clinic. They did the urine test to see if she did in fact have a UTI, which she does, and prescribed a 3-week course of antibiotics. One would think this would be a relatively inexpensive trip...WRONG. The total was somewhere in the order of $370 (Aaron picked up the tab...I'll probably roll half of this into my  next rent check)! Our vet did the exact same tests AND biopsied the lump on her leg for around $100 less. Not to mention I just trust Sudbury Animal Hospital much more.  When she has to go back for a follow up in a month, we're going to our vet...no way we're taking her back to Banfield.


    No comments: