We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, December 9

Nauseating November

Eek so this month was a bit of a disaster as far as controlling my spending goes. Forget about falling off the bandwagon...I drove the thing off a bridge. It was ugly. However, let's keep in mind that two very large purchases were made...my flight for my trip to India (for charity, so honestly that shouldn't even count) and four new tires (also kinda doesn't count b/c I definitely needed them, as the flat I got on the Pike illustrated perfectly). PLUS I did the majority of my holiday shopping...oh yeah and then there were all the self-gifts, like the Biere Allary poster and the laser hair removal vouchers. Guh, I'm bad at this.

So here's the breakdown...
TOTAL: $2,554 (Gulp)


Randomness: $1,087 (remember that amazing poster...well that had something to do with this)
Travel: $512
Gifts: $345
Health and Beauty: $198 
Groceries: $95
Gas: $94
Bars/Restaurants: $81
Clothing: $57
Maggie: $48
Entertainment: $32
Coffee: $5 (This may just be a personal best for me!!!)

No comments: