We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, December 6

Weekend Damages (12/4 - 12/5)

Saturday
  • $61.86 - Nordstrom Rack (bought $111.86 worth of stuff, but had a $50 Groupon)
  • $9.98 - T.J.Maxx (my very first pair of leggings, most comfortable things ever...and just in time for the holidays)
  • $16.50 - Old Navy
  • $37.84 - Michael's (presents for my little for Hanukkah and the goods for chocolate making) 
So clearing I did a little shopping this weekend, and yes...most of it was for me. It started out with me going to Nordstrom Rack to use the Groupon I got a ways back. I thought that I would pick up a pair of leggings and a sweater for the Holiday Party that I was going to that evening. Weeeeell it quickly spirelled out of control from there. Granted I got some GREAT deals! At the Rack alone I got a pair of Sevens (jeans), a shirt (which I'll be wearing to the Holiday Parties next weekend), little squishy pads for the back of shoes, and two tanks. Quite the haul!

So why didn't I stop there you ask? Well I was really looking for a pair of leggings but sadly they didn't have any that were enjoyable (clarification: they were essentially see-through...no thank you). So then I had to go on a hunt, and I found some other items along the way, obviously.

I am the worst at controlling my shopping...the worst. 

Sunday
  • $28.00 - Parking Garage in Boston
  • $6.00 - The Charles Playhouse (Shear Madness Show with the Little)
 Free tickets through the Boys and Girls Club.

No comments: