We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Saturday, July 31

Friday's Daily Damage (7/30)

  • $300 - Cross Cultural Solutions
  • $19.65 - Whiskey Priest (I don't know why I keep giving this place a chance...loud, full of annoying meat-heads, and terrible service...such a shame b/c it has such great potential)
  • $10 - MBTA (adding $$ on my Charlie Card)
  • $50ish - Bank of America Pavilion and Bar at the Intercontinental Hotel (drinks)
TOLD you I was going to make a big purchase. Now let me explain...
Cross Cultural Solutions is a non-profit that organizes volunteer trips abroad. I will be spending 3 weeks in New Delhi, India this upcoming February, and will most likely be working with HIV/AIDS patiently, namely children and their families, but will find out for sure once I talk with my program director.

Image courtesy of Stuck in Customs

As some of you may know, I will be turning the big 3-Oh this February (the day before my program starts in India...so I'll be spending my actual b-day in an airport, boo) and what says holy hell I'm getting old better than running away to a developing country? Conveniently enough a friend of mine, who is the one who sold me on this program will also be celebrating her birthday (the insignificant 2-9) in February so we shall celebrate together over a plate of naan in India...hmmm delicious. 


I'm sure I'll be boring you with more details in the coming months, but for now suffice it to say I'm incredibly excited and also a bit nervous about this trip. It's going to be INTENSE, but amazing. Oh yes, and expensive too! BUT I plan on doing a little fundraising (a.k.a. panhandling/begging/bank robbing) to help defer the costs, think of this as a 3 week long marathon for HIV/AIDS awareness. Obviously a worthy cause, and one which you should contribute to. Oh yeah, and it's tax deductible! :)

Image courtesy of Stuck in Customs.

No comments: