We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, July 6

Joyous June

Joyous Indeed!!!
Would you like to know why?
Well here's why...the grand total for the ENTIRE month of June came to an amazing...
 
$606.52!!!!
 
Making this month the cheapest month since I made my resolution to cut back on shopping/make more conscious purchases as a consumer. FINALLY!!

Here's the breakdown...
Gifts - $145
Miscellaneous Stuff - $106
Groceries - $86
Gas - $60 (remember that I get reimbursed for a lot of my fuel costs through work, but it's just too hard to separate that out)
Bars/Restaurants - $60
Health & Beauty - $50
Clothing - $41
Coffee - $40 (yes, I do find this horrifying!)
Snackages - $20

Here's hoping that I can keep this up for July, although I'm already off to a less than stellar start.

No comments: