We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, August 9

Horrid Omission

I made a frightening omission from the weekend loot!

My mother, the modern day Martha Stewart...who smokes, tells you exactly what is on her mind no matter how painful it may be to hear, dislikes small talk, has never been imprisons for insider information, and bakes and cooking like a maniac...brought me some goodies.
  • Key Lime Pie - with heavy cream (apparently she expects me to whip up some fresh whipped cream topping to go with said pie...riiight)
  • Sugar Cookies with Butterfingers
  • Cappuccino Crunch Cookies
  • A Dozen Allie's Donuts

While I have been enjoying the cookies and I'm sure I will enjoy the pie as well...the Allie's Donuts have been crucial to my sanity. I even managed to come home from work today and get a little done on my master's project...super productive if I do say so myself...and I attest my productivity to Allie's. Let me explain. Allie's Donuts are the most delicious donuts ever made, AND they're made locally (well local to my parents in RI). Bonus! They are made in North Kingstown, RI by the Drescher family. Oh yeah, and I used to work there. The fact that I am not completely turned off by these donuts based solely on the fact that I used to be immersed in the reek of fry-o-lator and elbow deep in donut filling (I can no longer each jelly donuts, they disgust me), and frosting (no issues eating frosting, none at all) should tell you something. Hmmm....donut....

Oh yeah, and the eggplant parm from last week...freaking AMAZING! I was by far the best thing I have ever cooked, ever! AND it looked way better than the picture that I posted, I'm not even being dramatic. For serious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your master's project doesn't make you fat...because if you continue to have donuts everytime you sit down to write then we may need an intervention. Just sayin'

Matthew Braitsch said...

You got Allie's! That's so not fair I can't even get a cup of ice coffee let alone decent donuts. Cali is seriously starting to irritate me.

Jack Skellington said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that judging by your angry rants, which started the minute you moved there...this isn't just a new found irritation.

They're not your people out there, totally lacking in the angry Irishman department. "Like, totally."