We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, August 8

Weekend Damages

Saturday
  • $5.03 - Dunkin Donuts (Iced Coffees for moving day...all moved into Aaron's place, it's official)
  • $1.00 - USPS (change of address online charge)
  • $27.58 - Homegoods (stuff for Maggie Mae)
  • $35.03 - Pet World (more Maggie accessories)
It should be noted that Pet World is NOT a corporate chain like your standard Pet Smart or Pet Co. I actually called a couple of local places in the area to see if they had what we were looking for (raised pet dish...which Aaron bought, I just got her some toys and raw hide, a.k.a. chewies) before we went, I was determined not to buy anything from a corporate giant, Maggie hates them. Even the bowl itself was made by a man in Maine. Success.


She's a very conscious consumer.
    Sunday
    • $57.82 - Nordstrom 
    Today I went on a bit of a shopping spree...well technically my mom and aunt went on the shopping spree. I was just the happy recipient of their spree. I walked away with about $380ish worth of Banana Republic clothes, which was needed...my work clothes are old and terrible, a Max Mara dress, Anne Klein flats, and my very first pair of Tom's shoes. The Tom's shoes were the only thing that I paid for myself.


    Here are some of their fabulous features.
    • Vegan friendly, using no animal products
    • Made with recycled and sustainable materials
    • Insole features EVA cushion, latex arch support, and a canvas cover for breathability
    • Outsole utilizes recycled EVA scraps
    How's that for conscious consumerism!

    No comments: