We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, November 4

Discovery of the Week

So I was perusing The Clymb today, just checking in for a deal, per usual. AND I made a fascinating discovery...LooptWorks. I had never heard of this company before, but they're doing some pretty cool things. All of their clothing is made of 100% post-consumer materials. Awesome, right! They're motto is "Recycle your Life," which I of course absolutely love. AND they're products are cute to boot! Sadly I have reached my shopping quota for the day and could not allow myself to buy anything else. I will however keep them in mind for future purchases.

Here's some of the stuff featured on The Clymb.

Jacket made of recycled organic cotton and organic cotton canvas. 
$44.98 from $95.00

Adorb sundress made of modal and spandex.
$29.98 from $60.00

So anyways, here's at least one company headed in the right direction. Really when you think of it...it's almost like guilt-free shopping b/c it's not wasteful. Kinda.

No comments: