We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, November 8

Weekend Damages (11/6 - 11/7)

Friday
  • $0
Saturday
  • $33.79 - Nick's Pizza
Sunday
  • $0
So I should probably mention that although I didn't really spend a lot of money this weekend...Aaron did. We went to Scampo in Boston on Friday night to celebrate the birthday of the other Aaron's birthday (sometimes referred to as "Court's Aaron" or "Frank"), and Aaron ("my Aaron") picked up our portion of the tab. So thanks to Aaron. :)

But the spending didn't stop there. We also managed to spend Aaron's employee of the year $. I know what you're thinking...you should have saved it, why would you spend it all...not a very conscious decision. BUT remember, this wasn't my money, and keeping the cash wasn't an option...he had to walk away with something tangible. I guess so he can look at the newly purchased goods and think about how wonderful his company for all of eternity. Who knows? I don't try to pretend to understand corporate logic.

So anyways, back to the point. It was fun, and it was guilt free because really it wasn't me spending it...it was Aaron. Here's what we walked away with...
  • Bose Surround Sound
  • New Computer for his rents for Christmas (nice huh?)
  • XBox game for his little bros for Christmas (also nice)
  • Big Buck Hunter for Wii (all him...I'm a veg after all)
  • Wii Resort Sports (both of us...and wicked fun)
  • Universal Remote (fun touch screen! AND now we don't have 4 remotes...heaven)
AND now for the most exciting of all!!!!
  • iPad!!!! (for me for Christmas and my soon to follow birthday!!! Nicest of all!!)
  • Camera adapter for the iPad
  • Case for the iPad

I'm not gonna lie, I'm uber excited for my iPad. SUPER EXCITED! Sadly Aaron won't just let me start using it now. So lame, I know. He's not giving in to all of my pleading and whining either. Ugh.  

    2 comments:

    Ouidad Blog said...

    Haha, sounds like you won the lottery with little investment on your part. Do you get the iPad now or his he making you wait?

    Katie for Ouidad

    Jack Skellington said...

    Making me wait...and it's slowly killing me. It's just sitting there taunting me.