We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Friday, November 5

Monday - Thursday Damages (11/1 - 11/4)

Monday
  • $70ish - Dentist (stupid cavity)
Tuesday
  • $0
Wednesday
  • $30.09 - Hess
Thursday
  • $71.85 - Barnes and Noble
  • $31.90 - Rue La La (Sir Alistair Rai Boutique)
I bought a couple of books for the bubs of friends and family today and threw in a couple of books for my own enjoyment. For the bubs I purchased two of my favorite childhood books...

I got two copies of Rotten Ralph and three copies of The Paperbag Princess. There's a lot of little bubs out there these days.

And for my own enjoyment....



These first two clearly are to start to prepare me for my three weeks in India.Lamb, not so much going to prepare me for the culture shock that's sure to be India...it's just one of my favorite rereads. Every time I read this book I still laugh...a lot. I highly recommend it, at least I recommend it so long as you're not some religious zealot. Chances are you won't find it quite as funny. 


So I'm sure you're wonder about the Rue La La purchase as well...I finally caved to my love for Sir Alistair Rai scarves. Particularly when they're suck a steal...it was $19.90 from $180! Insane bargain! I couldn't resist, granted I didn't try very hard. Anyways, I love it and hope that I'm as obsessed with it in person. This needs to be the last purchase for myself until after Christmas. I have this problem where I end up doing quite a bit of shopping for myself while I'm shopping for others. It's terrible, I know...but I don't think I'm alone here. 


No comments: