We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, November 22

Terrifically Awesome Idea

So the concept I'm about to present to you is one that came up pretty consistently during my time at Antioch. RENTING GOODS! That's right...not buying but renting the things that you "need." I mean really you don't need a lot of the things you use for all that long, because they're either temporary in nature or you want an upgrade/different style/etc. In this case we're talking dresses.


Today on BuywithMe there was a coupon for $60 worth of dress rentals for $20 from The Borrowed Dress in the North End. SUCH A GOOD IDEA! I wish I had something I needed a new dress for, but I have enough to get me through the next year...most likely longer.

I wonder if they have these services for other things, like baby stuff. I am at that age where a lot of my friends and many of my cousins are starting up families and I have to say one of the things that strikes me most is that kids require an enormous amount of stuff. I mean a ton of it. Do they have a rental service for baby stuff? I mean how long do you really need a stroller, car seat, etc. etc.? Why not rent it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a business idea in the making...

Jack Skellington said...

We should get on that.