We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, November 22

Weekend Damages

Saturday
  • $9.18 - Stop and Shop (couple of two liters for lunch with Court, Aaron and Aaron)
  • $38.58 - the Body Shop (countless Christmas presents)
  • $85 - Pandora (beads for various Christmas presents)
I made out like a bandit at The Body Shop during my outing to the mall with Court. Not only did I have my two $40 vouchers from Groupon but I also won $20 off my purchase with a ticket thing they gave me when I walked in the door. PLUS I have a Body Shop member card thing, which got me another 10% off my purchase. Bonus!

Sunday
  • $24.41- Bed Bath and Beyond (wire cooling rack, pastry brush, candy thermometer) 
  • $27.59 - Best Buy (Christmas gifts)
  • $30- Aaron (my portion of some joint Christmas presents)
  • $25 - Groupon Chicago
I know what you're wondering...why did I spend money on a Groupon for Chicago? I live in Boston! Well friends, this particular coupon was good for $50 worth of merchandise (for $25) at any location of Nordstrom Rack, and you see there's a Rack right down the street. I have a hard time turning down deals like this. 

So needless to say it was a weekend filled with many purchases, but the majority were for others, so that should count for something.

No comments: