We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, January 26

Theme Party Part Tres

I apologize for the belated nature of this post. It took me a while to get around to pulling the pictures of my swap party haul off of my camera.

Well let's get right to it. The third installation of Meghan and Jen's famous swap party was yet another huge success. I once again showed up with FAR more than the required 10 items (picture three large reusable shopping bags and a under the bed storage bin crammed full of goods...Court, thanks for helping me carry it all!), BUT much to my surprise, and yours I'm sure...I did NOT come home with nearly as much as I brought! That my friends is what we call growth. I even recall myself saying, "Oooh I like that, but I don't need it." I KNOW! Amazing.

Anyways, here's what I got...
  • Fabulous fringy olive-ish colored boots (80%20...I'm guessing that's the brand?? Never heard of it)
  • Eggplant like colored top (Mossimo)
  • Orange sleeveless sweater (Banana Republic...I think)
  • Lime green polo sweater (might be heading back to the next party...it's a little short)
  • Green corduroy jacket (Ann Taylor Loft)
  • Black t-shirt (Banana Republic)
  • Black sparkly top (I envision I'll be wearing it to one of the next bachelorette parties)
  • Nike t-shirt
  • White t-shirt with little silver skulls and roses on it (Nothing like Ed Hardy, give me more credit)
  • Lime/yellow colored capris (just the right length to cover my knees in India)
  • Two pairs of earrings (I don't wear earrings normally so we'll see if these ever get worn, they may be coming back with me to the next swap)
  • Two pairs of work pants (Express...I may try to sew some of the bell bottominess out of them, we'll see if my sewing skills feel up to the task)
  • 3 Large Wooden Bracelets



So maybe it sounds like a lot but it all fit into one compact little shopping bag! My goal for the next party is to not be the girl who rocks in with a small Uhaul worth of things. It's good to have goals. 

    No comments: