We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, January 6

Thursday's Daily Damages (1/6)

  • $66.96 - Gap
  • $71.98 - Ann Taylor Outlet
Ummm, yeah so today wasn't one of restraint. I woke up to Maggie moaning in my face and jamming me in the eye with her nose like every morning, got up, and began to get ready for work. I have been in the office a lot more lately, what with all the snow and all, and a lot of days in the office means I am given a more frequent reminder of how much I hate all of my clothes. They just don't speak to me...and my work clothes might as well be mute I'm so bored with them.

So as you can see...I needed to put a life back in my closet...and I got a little carried away. Well not really, but sorta. Here's what I got...

GAP
  • Black pants (desperately needed)
  • Pink cardigan (my plan was to put a little color in my life...this was the sole item with color. Fail)
  • Gray chunky sweater vest (going to be perfect with my legging obsession)
Ann Taylor
  • Purple shirt (to go under sweater, and it has sparkly stripes...sounds ugly but isn't)
  • Navy blue button down sweater
  • Gray super-soft cords (I can't remember the last time I wore corduroys)
So I mean I got a decent amount of stuff for the amount I spent, granted maybe I didn't need it all...and the blood of the 4 year old in China that made some of it is definitely on my hands. Sigh. I am learning/have totally learned that it's incredibly difficult to find clothing made in the US. It's incredibly annoying.

Another shopping trip planned for sometime in the future will be to Banana Republic (more underage/underprivileged children's blood). A friend of mine is currently working a second job there and I must do my part to abuse her discount.

No comments: