We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, February 24

Early Week Daily Damages

Monday
  • $0
Tuesday
  • $0
Wednesday
  • $3.50 - Coffee and Bagel at Dunks (gift card!)
  • $2.00 - Sunchips and a Diet Pepsi from the vending machine (very snacky today...I think it has to do with the dreariness of the rain) 
  • $25 - BuyonWithMe (Manicure & Pedicure...usually $61) 
  • $185.63- REI (only $110 out of pocket thanks to the REI birthday gift card from Matt)
Solid start to a week! Not so solid of a finish however. BUT a pedicure to kick off spring is kinda a tradition and let's face it a necessity. Nobody needs my post-winter feet in their lives without a little professional attention beforehand. Not to mention a pedicure alone is usually more than $25, so really this bargain was just too good to pass up! Am I right or am I right?!

Wondering what the $185 purchase at REI is? Well, I'll tell you. I am now the proud new owner of Scarpa Kailash GTX Hiking Boots! Yup, went with the Scarpas, they got great reviews and I was to hesitant to stray away from Vibram soles. Granted they're not in my possession yet, but according to my order confirmation, they arrive at the Boston store on March 10th, hopefully they fit. Fingers crossed.
 
Here's a little something to refresh your memory. 

It can almost be guaranteed that I buy myself some superfeet when I go to REI to pick them up. I love me some superfeet, they're life changing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done, my friend, well done!