We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, February 28

Weekend Damage

Saturday
  • $20.37 - Panera (lunch)
Sunday
  • $10.57 - PetCo (gift for friend's dog, you can't bring the new baby a gift and leave the dog out, that's just not right)
I should also mention that I was at my parents' house this weekend and received some strangling birthday gifts. A gift card to Lululemon ($150), which I'm PSYCHED about, a gift card to Trader Joe's ($50), also psyched, and 4 new beads for my Pandora bracelet (frog, snake, silver spacer and a green glass bead). So while I didn't do a lot of spending I did get some loot. My mom also made me some waffles (three freezer bags worth) and a cake, which I took back with me. I never leave without a car full of food.

I also did a bit of shopping in my rents basement. It's a great place to stock up on toilet paper, paper towels, food stuffs and old books. I bet they thought that eventually I would stop using their home as a storage/restocking facility, considering I'm 29 now, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Here's a look into the world of life visiting home...
They look peaceful right? Only when they're sleeping, which comes to a screeching halt at around 5 AM. Oh yeah, and throw a 90 lb. chocolate lab into the mix too. They're lucky they're so cute.


    No comments: