We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, February 9

Tuesday's Daily Damage

  • $15.00 - American Cancer Society - Daffodil Days Donation
  • $13.86 - UPS Store - Shipping of a gift
  • $9.57 - CVS
  • $28.33 - Hess (Gas)
Today's total was higher than my average daily spending but come on I bought some daffodils for cancer research people! I will however admit that I have a weakness for CVS. I wasn't even planning on going in but it's right next to the UPS store...too tempting to resist. I went in thinking that I would just pick up a Valentine's Card for Aaron and instead walked out with three cards and a diet Pepsi.

I am completely incapable of only buying one card at a time. I love them, they speak to me...well the strange sarcastic ones do anyways, those mushy ones can just hang on their shelves, not interested. I have a small stock piling of cards for every occasion...I'm not kidding I have my grandmothers old stationary case and it's brimming with delightful cards. I am a firm believer that you should have 3-4 sympathy cards at all times. It's so hard to find a good sympathy card when you need one (and you always need one last minute...not something like a birthday that you know is coming) so when you do find one it's imperative to stock up. It's like always having a black ensemble at the ready, as my mother always says you need to be prepared.

Anyways...I caved to my weakness today, but the cards I got are hysterical if that means anything. I also enjoy e-cards, which are not only free to send but also tree friendly! Someecards is my favorite site by a landslide. Please enjoy today's selection below, in honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day.



    1 comment:

    Hil J said...

    I also have a stockpile of Hallmark cards on hand at all times. I recently stumbled across paperlesspost.com and LOVE it. It is great when you want something a bit more formal than someecards. AND You get 25 free stamps when you sign up!