We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Saturday, February 13

Saturday's Daily Damage

Fell off the bandwagon today. The shoe selection at DSW proved to be a more powerful than my willpower. I broke down and bought an adorable pair of Bandalino blue pumps. Love them, and even came in a box made of post-consumer recycled materials printed with soy-based inks. At least that's a positive, right. Although they were made in China, does that cancel out the goodness of the packaging? Probably, huh. Damn.

It should be mentioned that I DID NOT buy the bag that I had in my hands. A little pink clutch that would have gone perfectly with my bright blue Nicole Miller dress, which I plan on wearing to at least one wedding this summer. I guess I have to give Aaron credit for that though, he guilted me into only buying one of them, I chose the shoes. That bag will haunt me in my dreams.
  • $ 47.05 - Amazon (3 books)
  • $ 54.95 - DSW (Bandalino heels) 
  • $ 41.34 - Baby gift (organic cotton blanket and bodysuit...totally adorb)
  • $ 45.10 - Intermission Tavern (pre-show grub and beers)
  • $ 8.50 - Charles River Playhouse (showtime beers) 
  • $ 3.00 - Donation to AIDS research collection box at Blue Man
Also I seem to be on a book kick this week. I bought 3 books this morning on Amazon after looking for a book I need to read for class this week at the closeby libraries and books stores and failing. Gangs of America: The Rise of Corporate Power and the Disabling of Democracy, The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals and Sustainability by Design: A Subversive Strategy for Transforming our Consumer Culture. They're all for different classes. Much like greeting cards, I can't just buy one book. Looks like I'll have a lot of reading to do in all of my spare time these days.

It should be noted that Aaron dropped his fair share of $$$ today too. He bought us tickets to the Blue Man Group at the Charles River Playhouse...hence the pre-show and showtime food/beers. 


Clearly the color of the day was blue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been dying to see Blue Man Group!!