We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Friday, February 26

Interesting Product...

So while shopping for my new hiking boots I stumbled across these little babies, the Vibram Five Fingers.


I will admit that this is not the first time I have come across them, there was a guy in dodgeball that used to wear them religiously. I just played it up to him being strange. Apparently they have quite the following though. Their junkies claim they're great for water sports, hiking, trail running, yoga, pretty much any sport that can be tackled barefoot.

I have heard both sides of the camp on running barefoot, I for one could never do it for fear of stepping on a sharp rock or pointy stick, the thought of which makes me shudder. Anyways, I can see how they would be appealing, at least in a trail running kinda way...lots of freedom for your toes, super sticky Vibram soles (and we all know how I feel about Vibram soles) and flexible, next best thing to barefoot...only with a little added protection so I guess better than barefoot (I should check and see if they're using that slogan...if not made I should copyright it so they have to pay me for it). I'm not going to lie though, they freak me out, a lot. So you can bet I'm not dropping the $75 to $90 that they cost anytime soon.

This picture also really freaks me out! Thoughts on these things?

1 comment:

Olive said...

horrifying. you know what word i have to type in to leave this comment? ANGST. that's exactly how i feel about them too! how clever.