We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, February 18

Thursday's Loot

So today is a special day...it is a day for all of us to celebrate the date of my birth some 29 years ago (soon enough I will be lying about my age just like my Nana Juice, but for now I'm okay with it).

 
Really isn't this all we can ask for in life?

In honor of this blessed day I have received a number of fabulous and very much appreciated gifts from friends and family. So since the do quality as new "stuff" in my life, I suppose I should list them off, right?

Gifts
  • Wii Active (WAY more intense than regular ole' Wii Fit)
  • 3 Pandora Charms (a dog, little shamrocks, metal spacer with birthstone)
  • The Green Book, Rogers and Kostigen (You guys will be reading excerpts from this little gem for quite some time!)
  • A Dunkin Donuts giftcard (furthering my addiction to coffee)
  • Delicious brownie cupcakes with lime green frosting! Yum!
  • Breakfast at Elm City Bagel on the way to school (egg & cheese bagel)
  • Cards from a variety of lovelies (some with a little $$$ stuffed inside...even more lovely)
  • Dinner waiting for me (salad, a cannoli, Cadbury mini eggs...AKA little pieces of heaven and wine)
    Here is one of the best ecards I received...
     
    and now wrongcards has become another of my favorite ecard sites.  

    So in summary...I didn't spend a dime! :) 
    Thank you and goodnight.

      No comments: