We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, February 21

Favorite Theme Party EVER!

While I may not have spent all that much money this weekend, I did manage to come home Saturday night with my arms full of "new" goodies. You're wondering how this is possible...well I'll tell you. A Swap Party. Best idea ever.

This is how it works...
Each guest brings 10 items (which turned out to be WAY more than 10 items, but that just makes it more fun) to swap with the other guests. Then you're given a number and the guests take turns "shopping" from the piles of loot. At the end of the night any items left over are donated to a local shelter, in our case the Salem Mission. So basically you get to go shopping...for free. I know, awesome.

I should mention that I brought home more stuff than I got rid of...typical.  So here's what I walked away with...

  • Kate Spade green flats
  • White House/Black Market cardigan
  • Alice + Olivia sequin tank (tags still on)
  • Pink super comfie sweater
  • Amazing turquoise spandex shorts (perfect for my Halloween costume this year...oh yeah, I have it planned already) 
  • 2 silver rings
  • Homedics foot bath (I lost mine to my mom)
  • Set of 3 candles
  • Brown fringe purse
  • Black/white/silver purse
  • 4 books (The Unlikely Disciple, A Long Way Gone, Eat, Pray Love and The Devil Wears Prada)
  • Intuition razor (still in packaging)
  • Clean & Clear face wash
  • Body Shop body scrub
  • Pumice stone
  • Mascara
Yes, I realize that some of this stuff is incredibly random and completely unnecessary, but it was free! Oh yeah, and I have absolutely no self control.

The crown jewel of the night...brand new Kate Spade shoes!!! Okay so they're not the most comfortable things I've ever put my feet in...but I will suffer through it, I mean look at them...adorb. Hopefully steaming them will loosen them up a bit as well.  

 
Ohhhh sparkles! I was thinking that I needed to get a new top for Court's Bachelorette party at the drag show...but clearly this top will suite the bill. Perfectly.  
Also note the black bag Aaron is so delicately dangling behind the top (he was thrilled that I had him helping with the display efforts I'll have you know). I have already transferred my things into this bag, and heart it.  

 
Ohhh fringe! Love.


These little babies are really going to make my 80's work out girl costume. Crucial addition. 

A Giant thank you to Meghan and Jen for hosting the party. Come September we're going to need another one ladies!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Based on his work here, I'm thinking Aaron might have a future as a hand model....