We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, May 23

Back In Action

Aaaand I'm back from the depths of Mount Desert Island. All in all a good trip, although 18 people on a school trip is definitely too many. Would have been far more enjoyable with 8-10. Particularly b/c there weren't showers in the camp ground, just pay showers down the road and many of my classmates didn't feel the need to shower while we were there. It got a little ripe towards the end of the week, not the greatest. Just sayin.

Anyways, while I thought that I wouldn't have any time to spend any money while away...I was wrong. This trip gave us FAR too much down time, including an entire day to just meander around and do what we wished. So of course I managed to spend a little dough...but not all that bad.

Here's the rundown for the week:
  • $6.00 - Hot showers at the lovely private showers down the road from the campsite ($1.50 for 4 minutes)
  • $6.37 - Belfast Cooperative (lunch on the way up)
  • $16.70 - Irving (food for Veruca)
  • $11.25 - Cafe Bar Harbor (drinks)
  • $19.50 - Thirsty Whale (drinks while paper writing with my group)
  • $5.something - Ice Cream shop in Bar Harbor (delicious peanut butter extreme ice cream, yum)
  • $32.45 - Bark Harbor (dog toy for the soon to be addition...Maggie Mae and treats for the pups, who I'll be seeing next weekend when I'm home for Court's wedding)
 Adorable, right. Maggie is going to love it.
  • $20.73 - Mobil 
  • $11.77 - Chipolte (dinner when I got back after a nice long nap in a bed)
For a grand total of $123.77, not including the $$ I spent in tolls. No idea how much that will be, I haven't looked at my fastlane account yet.

Considering I am getting paid $100 from Antioch for driving a group up to Maine, it's really not all that bad.

No comments: