We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Saturday, May 8

Thursday & Friday's Damages

Thursday
  • $3.35 - Dunkin Donuts (morning coffee and bagel)
  • $10 - some solar panel raffle at school (they were smartly blocking the entryway to school...sometimes it's easier to just buy the ticket than try to come up with reasons why you can't part with a measly $10)
  • $20 - Donna's (Antioch eatery)
So my professor's birthday was today and he generously allowed each of his student to get something at Donna's and to put it on his tab. Super nice, BUT it's his birthday...he shouldn't be buying all of us treats, we should be getting him stuff...right? So I paid off $20 of his tab a surprise anonymously...although having to post it takes some of the anonymity out of it, huh?

Friday
  • $44.77 - Lush (fancy soaps and lotions)
  • $31.88 - Pandora (charm)
  • $7.86 - Trader Joe's (snackages)
  • $164 - Capital Grill (Aaron's belated birthday dinner)
So apparently I am expected to buy my Godmother, more affectionally known as Auntie Ree and my Nana a mothers day present as well. Keep in mind that my mother bought presents for my brother to give each of them...he is 31 years old. Amazing, right? So anyways there was some last minute shopping to be done and I of course rose to the challenge.

A little advice from my shopping excursion...if at all possible avoid a Pandora storm like the plague. They are overrun by obnoxious teenagers whining about everything possible in the tell tall valley-girl dialect...so in short, they are WAY too much. WAY, WAY too much.


Lush however was delightful. Their products are wonderful AND they gave me a free hand treatment, which left my hands feeling smoother than they have in...forever. Their products are made by hand, using little to no preservatives, lots of fabulous organic ingredients, do not test on animals, don't over package their products, and give back through their "charity pot" products. Love them.

Also I should note that I had a $150 gift card to the Capital Grill and I didn't have any cash on me so Aaron threw some money down to cover a portion of the tip (I know, I know...it was HIS birthday dinner, but it's weird to just put a tip on your debit card when you're paying with a gift card, right?). So really his birthday dinner was free! It should be noted that I am a vegetarian and was given a gift card as a little bonus from work. I find it hysterical that my employer thought it appropriate to give a vegetarian a gift card to a steak house. I mean really, priceless.


    No comments: