We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, May 2

Thursday - Sunday's Damages (4-29 - 5/2)

Thursday
  • $12.44 - CVS
  • $3.89 - Dunkin Donuts
Friday
  • $2.56 - McDonald's (Iced Coffee)
Saturday
  • $171.61 - Target (replaced the vacuum I broke last week and got some other odds and ends)
Probably worth noting that I did spend a bit of Aaron's money at Weston Nurseries as well. I got the compost to get the herb and veggies going while he and his family were installing his hardwood floors! Good times, SUPER productive weekend...AND aside from that whole Target incident I shopped very locally. Weston Nurseries = locally owned. Hardwoods = purchased from local store, which ordered the actual floors from a company that apparently focuses on sustainable harvesting and are environmentally aware (note: actually Aaron purchased the floors, but I was behind the whole local thing and because it was more expensive than the Depot, I will be cutting him a check to cover some of it...it's only fair). Although it's next to impossible to tell the greenwashed from the truth these days.

Sunday
  • $0
Stay tuned for the monthly tally, it's going to be a doozey. Funny how I have to say that every month, huh...guess I'm failing miserably at my resolution so far. 

    No comments: