We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Friday, May 28

Celebrities Actually Doing Something Worthwhile

Well I'll be damned, someone in Hollywood is actually aware of the fact that shopping has become our religion.

You should all be familiar with my love for "swap parties," well it seems as though my beloved swap party has gone Hollywood. Russel Brand has organized a massive "Stuff Swap" at the Beverly Center in L.A. The store is called Buy Love Here...I like it...and it was open yesterday, May 27th from 2pm to 6pm. I wonder how it went, haven't seen anything about it yet.



"The idea is to raise debate about the scale of consumer culture and to promote the re-use of products in a surplus society. It is a social experiment to examine shopping habits whilst providing an opportunity for Russell to speak directly with the public and gauge opinion. The day will be filmed as part of an ongoing documentary Russell is currently filming about the pursuit of happiness."

Perhaps Russel should read my blog. 

No comments: