We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, May 31

Weekend Damages

Happy Memorial Day!


Saturday
  • Wedding Gift for Court (no need to specify the amount...that'd be weird)
  • $45 - Hair for wedding
  • $35 - Makeup for wedding
I should mention however that I got some sweet gifts from the bride for being in the wedding; a Lands End bag (orange),  a silk scarf that matches my bag, tear drop earrings with a green stone to wear in the wedding, a pandora charm for my bracelet, a pink and orange patent leather makeup bag and an awesome lime green wine glass with pink polka dots with the letter A on it. She clearly went a little overboard! I was also bought a tank of gas from one of the groom's friends who Aaron and I gave a ride to the airport on Sunday, very nice of him.
    Sunday
    • $9.08 - Panera
    Monday
    • $10 - CVS (money to Aaron for stuff that I threw into his CVS shopping trip. 
    Other freebies from the weekend...
    • stay at the Five Bridges Inn in Rehoboth for the wedding (I don't go to many weddings that I don't have to pay for accommodations, such a nice change of pace! Amazing.)
    • two little pear candles from the rehearsal dinner ("celebrating the perfect pair"...cute)
    • berry line ice cream with pineapple, graham crackers and sprinkles
    • food (thanks to charitable Aaron who feeds me on a regular basis)

      1 comment:

      Anonymous said...

      I'm going to a wedding at the Five Bridges Inn in June! How was it??