We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, May 10

Cuisinart...Oooohhhhh

So here's the thing, I love kitchen gadgets, but I can't cook to save my life. My problem mostly lies in the fact that my attention span prevents me from cooking anything from start to finish without either...
a) losing interest and moving on to something more entertaining and just settling with a bowl of cereal
b) forgetting what I'm doing b/c I get distracted and burning the whole thing
c) not reading the directly carefully enough (or at all) and either missing a step or ingredient
d) all of the above.

None of these scenarios work out very well, as anyone who has eaten my cooking can attest.

Anyways, regardless of my lack of culinary capability I enjoy kitchen gizmos, so naturally I was drawn to the Cuisinart boutique on the LaLa today. Here aresome of the featured gems (NONE of which I bought, thank you very  much)...

7-cup food processor. $109 from $145
My mother has one of these things and she uses it constantly, so naturally I believe that in order to cook like my mother all I need is a food processor. Flawless logic, right?
 Convection Bread Maker. $80 from $125.
I love and need carbs of all varieties in my life. a bread maker would bring me enormous joy, that is if I were to ever use it.

Ice Cream/Sorbet Maker.   $35 from $45.95
Because who doesn't love ice cream!


4-Cup Rice Cooker. $35 from $49.95.
This brings me back to that whole loving carbs thing...delicious.

2 comments:

Cat said...

JUST bought the cuisinart 12 cup food processor and saw this pop up from you... GET OUT OF MY HEAD :)

Jack Skellington said...

I read minds in my down time...it's a hobby of mine.