We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Friday, May 14

Tantalizing Temptations

So first these were on Steap and Cheap....


Oakley Sunglasses - $89.99 from $225
While these were most definitely an amazing deal, I already have 3 pairs of nice sunglasses and another pair is pretty much the last thing I need, so I passed.


Outdoor Research Window Dry Sack - $9.99 from $31.95
This one took a lot of self control to resist...but I just bought a mesh stuff sack and I already have a dry bag, so really I didn't think I absolutely needed it.

Then a boutique for various hotels in Utah popped up on RueLaLa. Coincidentally I will be going to Utah in July for a conference for wetland scientists and was already planning on making it a mini vacation, I mean why not when my company is paying for the airfare! 

Grand Summit Hotel

Escala Lodge

One bedroom suite at Grand Summit Hotel

So I really did consider booking one of these lovely rooms, but then I considered the fact that Aaron and I just booked our tickets to Greece (more on that at a later date) for September and I really don't need to be spending money on another trip. Instead, I believe we'll set off for a short backpacking trip before I have to head to the conference, because sleeping in the woods is free, not to mention fun...well at least I consider it to be. We'll have to wait and see what Aaron thinks, this will be his very first backpacking adventure.(note: by backpacking I mean hiking for miles with everything you need on your back and then sleeping in the woods away from the noise and chaos of civilized life)

No comments: