We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Saturday, June 12

Friday's Daily Damage (6/11)

Friday
  • $31.34 - Hess (feeding time, the nature of the beast...sigh)
  • Should have been some $$ for drinks and apps at Tia's with Shaver and Chris but somehow my money ended up back in my bag...thanks Chris. 
I am tired of putting gas in Veruca. I mean she's fuel efficient and all, but seriously it's getting old. I would prefer to be driving...
I give you, the Nissan Leaf.
I thoroughly enjoy the cuteness of this little gem. Thoroughly enjoy it. I plan on Veruca being with me for a while, but next up...electric car, for sure.


I also took a look at the Chevy Volt, and while I also enjoy the Volt, it a little too intense looking for my liking. I mean look at how cute and bubish the Leaf is! AND the Leaf is just a WAY cooler name than the Volt...think of all the naming possibilities.


Okay but enough talk about cars that I am in no position to even be thinking about purchasing, on to bigger news. We're talking Swap Party #2 people. That's right, round two. It's all going down on Saturday evening, same rules, new stuff. I can't wait! Here are some of the items I will be swapping...
  • Fleece lined rubber boots with polar bears on them
  • The infamous blue sequin top (b/c really when will I ever wear it again?)
  • Pair of Nine West shoes (wedge type things)
  • Mountain Hardware fleece (gem of my swap items!)
  • Various DVDs and Books
  • Jewelry that I never wear (think free gifts from Chico's that my Aunt is constantly giving me)
  • Ice cube trays (hah, I enjoy a certain level of randomness)
 Stay tuned for an update about what's sure to be some awesome swaps.

      No comments: