We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, June 2

Tuesady and Wednesday's Daily Damages (6/1-6/2)

Tuesday
  • $38.60 - Johnny's Market
  • $2.42 - UMass Cafeteria (Diet Dr. Pepper and bag of baked lays) 
Wednesday
  •  $2.43 - Dunkin Donuts (iced coffee while waiting for the CSX flagger that never showed up for a delineation...great start to a day)
  • $104.95 - Rue La La (Adidas Boutique)
  • $39.96 - Amazon
I know what you're thinking...you caved to the LaLa again! Sadly you are correct, but at least I have an excuse! I bought my dad his father's day and birthday present, which may become his fathers day present from myself and my brother depending on whether or not the bro got him anything yet...although he usually relies on me to do that, so I'm assuming he didn't. I also got Aaron a shirt, just because. Granted it's the same shirt that I got my dad...I know...weird, but I like the shirt so get over it. I mean just look how dapper this gentleman looks in the attire...

$35 from $60.

$35 from $65. This is the one that I got for both Aaron and my Dad. 

 I also made a purchase at Amazon for two new books. Hold onto your seat now...they're pretty freaking exciting...

The Newcomb's Wildflower Guide
My favorite wildflower key, which I need to replace the one that mysteriously disappeared from my cube. Apparently I work amongst thieves.

Invasive Plants: Guide to Identification and the Impacts and Control of Common North American Species.
 Needed for my thesis project with the Audubon Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary this summer. I will be preparing a report on the status of invasive species and control measure that should be taken in the sanctuary. Hopefully I get it all done by August 31st b/c then I'll be done with grad school!!! YEEESSSS!

I told you it was exciting! Side note: the juries still out as to whether or not I will put all, or some of this purchase on my expense report...

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    All!