We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, June 13

Swap-alop

Another Swap Party success.  Special thanks to Meghan and Jenn for making it happen...again. I remain obsessed with swap parties.

So as promised, here's a sneak peak from the party.


 Literally piles of clothing...piles!

 Happy Girls. Notice Meghan wearing a dress on top of her outfit...well I mean you have to make sure it fits!

There she is again.
My Loot...
  • Large bamboo vase
  • Small black vase
  • Black purse (Banana Republic)
  • Black heels (Nine West)
  • Cream & black peep toe heels (Carlos)
  • Brown & gold flip flops (Tommy Hilfiger)
  • 2 Silk Tops - gold and blue (Banana Republic)
  • White top with brown details (Forever 21)
  • Tan sweater coat (Ann Taylor)
  • Greenish tank with noisy little sparkly things on it (Forever 21)...I think that I will need to get one semi-obnoxious tank top at every swap party...this is what I've decided. 
  • Two long skirts (to be worn on a trip that I'm planning for next year...more on that later)
  • Jewelry - necklace that says believe and a silver bracelet
  • Toiletries - lip remedy (Origins), bath ball (Lush...which I will give to my Mom or Auntie Ree), Pantene 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner (for Aaron...like most guys having to use a separate shampoo & conditioner is unthinkable...I mean it would take another 2 minutes off of his life)
 There it is, in all of its free glory. 

 Although, it's hard to pick my favorite...I think these are it. I have been looking for a pair of t-strap sandals for a while now, and here they are! AND they were free. Fabulous.

The sparkly tank in all it's glory. I'm sure I can put this to good use at a bachelorette party.
(Please note: once again, Aaron's fabulous hand modeling skills)

Pretty bamboo vase, reeds weren't included, I just happened to already have them. (actually I have 3 sets of them and I mixed two for this ensemble...it's weird to have 3 sets of decorate reed things, huh...yeah I thought so, ah well)
    There were also three items that I got from Court (who supplied close to half of the goods which we swapped!) before we even left for the party...
    • Cuisinart mini food processor
    • Set of plates
    • Metal decorative wall piece
    So I know it sounds like I went a little crazy, but I ended up coming home with one bag of stuff and I brought 2 1/2 so really I think I was rather restrained. We ended up donating around 5 large trash bags of stuff to charity too. So really what that tells me is...I am not the only one who buys and hold on to unnecessary items.  Not that I didn't know this before, but the swap party most definitely confirmed this belief.

    No comments: