We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, June 16

Wednesday's Daily Damage AND Exciting News (6/16)


Today's the day people! The kikster and I picked up our very first CSA basket (in our case we filled up reusable grocery bags) and it looks delicious. After a mildly rough start...we took the wrong back road and were convinced that we'd been had by a fake Farmer Dave, but alas we found them! Here's what we got this week...
  • Boston bib lettuce
  • Romain lettuce
  • 1/2 Zuchini (remember that I split this with Kiki)
  • Squash (some mini variety, I should have written down it's name b/c I can't remember)
  • 2 Beets
  • 3 Radishes
  • 1/2 Bok Choy (which apparently is a Chinese cabbage)
  • Bag of snap peas
  • Garlic scapes (curly and adorable...never even seen these things before!)
    So much deliciousness! AND this is only 1/2 of the share! Freaking craziness. Not to mention the fact that I prepaid for my veggies up through October so I feel like it's free (yes, I realize it's not technically but can't you just let me have my moment).

    I am trying not to dwell on the fact that I don't know how to cook about 75% of what is in this basket, repeated panicked phone calls to my  mother will take care of that.

    Thanks Farmer Dave!

    Oh yeah and I didn't spend a dime today. Overall win.

    1 comment:

    Ouidad Blog said...

    I've done the CSA thing before and absolutely love it! Not only to you tend to eat healthier, but you're forced to get more creative in the kitchen. Just google the veggies and you'll find so many recipes. Our CSA would also give recipes. Have a great summer 'vegging out.'

    Katie for Ouidad