We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, June 23

Locavore Wednesday Damages

Locavore: a person who eats only foods grown locally. Locavores grow their own food or buy foodstuffs grown within their regions.
  • $0
While I didn't spend a dime today, I didn't come home empty handed. Today is pickup day for my CSA! The kikster was kind enough to pick up the goods solo today because I was out in western Mass playing in wetlands. Here's a run down of this week's goods...
  • Boston bib lettuce
  • Red leaf lettuce
  • Arugala
  • Spinach
  • Peas
  • Turnips (not a clue what to do with a turnip...help!)
  • Garlic scapes (last week I made garlic scape hummus, this week...pesto!)
  • Basil
Good stuff. Aaron is going to have a lot of veggies to eat before next Wednesday because I'm off to Utah on Saturday for conference for work.  Veg out.





1 comment:

Agatha said...

You make mashed turnip.