We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, June 16

Things I want, don't need, and therefore didn't buy

Okay, so I've been slacking on getting you guys the update on all the goodies that I have managed to resist, either because I just straight don't need them or because they're made by 6 year olds in China, Mexico, India, etc., etc. So here they are...

Cute white capris on the XCVI boutique on Rue La La. 
$29 from $58.

Bag on Jane Marvel boutique on Rue La La. 
$59 from $119.

Alps mountaineering chair on Steap and Cheap. 
$64.99 from $139.
This chair makes the camping chairs I stole from my parents look pathetic, and therefore makes me look pathetic for sitting in them.


Arc'teryx Hercules Hooded Fleece on Steap and Cheap. 
$174.97 from $349.95.

Marmot Rubicon Jacket on Tramdock.
$59.99 from $299.95.
If this were just a rain jacket and not a winter coat I would have considered it much more seriously. My current rain coat is falling far short when it comes to keeping me dry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's be honest...your current rain jacket is woefully inadequate and you need to invest in a new one. It's a warranted purchase and one which you need not feel badly about. You have my blessing - go forth and purchase.

Jack Skellington said...

Thank you Kik-ster. I will keep that in mind the next time a deal rolls through. :)