We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, June 15

Monday, Tuesday's Daily Damages (6/14 - 6/15)

Monday
  • 1.54 - Baskin Robbins (much needed ice cream after visiting a horrible site at work...sadly it was hands down the worst service in the world)
  • $19.42 - CVS (randomness)
Tuesday
  • $2.56 - Dunkin Donuts (Iced Coffee after a long, hot day in the field with the Kikster...this may become a pattern for our Tuesday/Thursday summer project)
  • $30.76 - Rue La La
They had me at vegan...
  $29 from $61 on the Jane Marvel boutique on the La La. 

Yes it's imported, but it's vegan (this is the justification I am giving myself...so while it's not local, it is conscious....right?)! I would really like to buy mostly vegan items (shoes & purses) from here on out. The problem I seem to run into, particularly with shoes is that they're horribly, horribly ugly. BUT this bag my friends, is 100% vegan laminated canvas. So you can see why I had to have it.
 
Other vegan items that I may be buying soon...

Tom's vegan, organic shoes...
They look so oober comfie! And, a friend of mine has a pair and she loves them...sold. Stay tuned for that purchase. I'm going to hold off for now, not sure how long I'll be able to stave off temptation though.

      2 comments:

      Agatha said...

      I just recieved by red TOMS in the mail and I love them! They could be the most comfortable thing I own. A second pair will be neccessary and it seems that they come in sparkles. You know I'll be all over that. http://www.toms.com/womens/glitters?view=all

      However, the wedges are probably more wearable. http://www.toms.com/womens/wedges?view=all

      Jocelyn B. said...

      Best- shoes-ever