We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, June 20

Weekend Damages (6/19 - 6/20)

Saturday
  •  $0
Sunday
  • $57.82 - Planet Dog 
So, I went home to little Rhody for a Father's Day BBQ on Sunday. It was a good time. You know the usual harassment from my father...I need to move back to Rhode Island and live with my parents because I'm going to get murdered in Boston, according to him it's only a matter of time...comforting. And of course the taunts that bacon fat was added to my veggie crumbles and that's why they tasted so good...riiight. Thanks Dad,  but anyways that's not what this blog is about, so let's stay on task, shall we?

I was horrified by the state of my pups Puppia harnesses. I mean they both looked homeless. The front of Megs's harness was half shredded and the clasp on her spare was broken so it's a precarious situation walking her in it for she could break loose at any moment. And then there's Snickers who's harness is duct taped together. So while my parents have totally high-jacked my dogs and I've been told that I can't take them back in October after I will be safely settled in the burbs...I felt the need to buy them new harnesses, because well, they're still my babies. Not to mention if my dad was left to his own devices he'd be fashioning something out of rope and duct tape. So I bought them each a Cozy Hemp Harness from Planet Dog. Hopefully these hold up a little better than Puppia, which I've decided are designed for small dogs who don't play rough (whimps)...not a good fit for my nuggets, not a good fit at all.


And just for fun, I give you... the NUGGETS!

No comments: