We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, October 14

Future Purchases

There are a couple of items I envision myself purchasing in the very near future...

A gentle leader for Maggie. He excitement over all the new smells in "the Tick" have lead to her dragging me through our walks together, and after having been through this before with Megs and Snickers I know that it will end with me having to see a chiropractor twice a week  until I can get her to walk at a more manageable speed. (important to note that I'm only 5'4" and my little legs have a hard time keeping up)

 I have very exciting news...Toms makes boots!!! Wrap boots to be exact. I have been wanting a pair of flat boots, all of mine have heels...not exactly the most practical when there's 6" of snow on the ground. But buying boots is a problem for me, you see I have this problem...I have man calves. Please recall my distress over the Hunter Boot fiasco, when I had to order the "Huntress" model from England so that my legs had enough room to breath/I could take them off without assistance. So, since these boots are essentially a pair of toms shoes with an adjustable strap that you wrap up and around your leg, you can see how perfect they are for me! Not to mention they're vegan and made from recycled materials, AND a pair of shoes is donated to a child in need for every purchase. It's like charitable shopping for sustainable shoes...so perfect for me.You can expect me to be purchasing these some time in the future.

In other news...
I had reported that I would be purchasing a new rain coat and a robe a ways back I believe. Well since winter is fast approaching the rain coat will most likely wait until spring, why bother when I can just wear my waterproof winter coat? I've also cooled to the idea of a robe. I'm quickly learning that taking Maggie out in the morning (my reasoning for needing the robe) is a 2 second ordeal. I clip on her retractable leash, open the door, she sprints out, does her business in record time, and charges back in the house...so really, what's the point of a robe? I don't need it, so I won't buy one (GROWTH!).

No comments: