We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, October 17

Weekend Damages (10/16 - 10/17)

Saturday
  • $5.44 - Weston Nurseries (used my groupon and went a bit over...bought a large pumpkin, and a ton of tulip and parrot tulip bulbs...going to pretty up the front)
  • $25.58 - Roche Brothers
  • $37.16 - Natick Liquors (fear not the wine drought has ended and we are now fully stocked...for now anyways)
  • $28.17 - Bed Bath and Beyond (went in looking for a rug but came out with a fabulous cupcake cookbook and some odds and ends)

 So maybe this wasn't an entirely necessary purchase, what will the advent of the internet and all...BUT I have already made the Snickerdoodle cupcake featured in this lovely book and let me tell you...holy deliciousness! Apparently I can in fact bake, it's just cooking actual meals (you know like a nutritious dinner) where things get a little dodgy. I think it's because I much prefer the outcome of a baking expedition, I will pick dessert over dinner every time...hands down.

"7-minute" frosting (which took longer than 7, minutes)...light, fluffy and delicious. 

Snickerdoodle Cupcake Deliciousness.
Aaron says they "taste like fall." I have no idea what that means, but he says it's a good thing.

Sunday
  • $5 - Dunkin Donuts (iced coffees)
  • $47.51 - Petsmart (Maggies nail filing, gentle leader, new tag, and a bone for being so good)
  • $20.95 - CVS

Product Update: My new leg warmers....awesome. I wore them on a run this morning and was obsessed with them. Obsessed.

Maggie Mae Update: Maggie Mae's legal name according to her Certificate of Pedigree is actually "Bows Magic Maggie Mae." (How awesome is that!) The daughter of Rock River James Bull (black lab) and Copper Icy Brooke (chocolate lab). Her siblings boast such regal names as Kodie Jr. the Bear, Klink's Ice, and Pasha Precious Kleinwolterink. Looking through her paperwork has been fascinating. Maybe the fact that her dad was a black lab explains why she's a bit larger than your typical chocolate lab?

Bows Magic Maggie Mae continues to bleed my wallet dry. She's also been doing a number on Aaron's. He bought three new area rugs this weekend in an effort to save the floors...I, of course, offered aesthetic advice. Hopefully filing her nails and the new rugs will be enough to keep the floors from being destroyed, I think it will. Filing left her nails smooth instead of sharp, jagged, and horrible like clipping them usually does. I highly recommend it for all you dog owners out there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm working on a pedigree for my dog who has "Klink's Ice" and "Pasha Precious Kleinwolterink" 5 generations back, but I can't find any information about their parents.

Do you know anything about the parents for these two dogs?