We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Saturday, October 23

It's getting to be that time again...


Yes folks, Christmas is right around the corner...and I'm definitely not one to leave my shopping until the last minute. Would you expect any less of me? So per usual for this time of year, I already have my shopping list up and running. It's important to have a plan of attack people! I will most likely start the actual shopping acts in the next week...stay tuned.

So anyways, I thought I'd offer up a small piece of advice. Last year before Christmas I started a checking account solely for the purpose of holiday shopping, and it was the best idea ever (please note, I did not think of this, it was a borrowed idea from my friend Hilary, thanks Hilary). It's a nice alternative to freaking out right around Christmas every year b/c I haven't budgeted for any of the gifts that I want to buy my family and friends, which is usually followed by me buying them anyways and then eating white rice until they're paid for. It's a strategy I highly suggest.

No comments: