We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, October 14

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Damages (10/11 - 10/13)

Monday
  • $0
Tuesday
  • $45 - Living Social (Floga deal)
  • $6.45 - PhotoWorks (prints from Greece for presents for Aaron's family...FREE SHIPPING! God I love free shipping)
  • $26.70 - P.F. Changs (dinner with the gals)
  • $120 - Salty Dogs Obedience (Maggie's dog walker/soon to be trainer, once I get her a gentle leader and she gets a bit more settled...we'll have her jumping through flaming hoops in no time...kidding) 
  • $19.00 - Lululemon (vinyasa leg warmers...and they're so much cooler than the old school LA Gear pink leg warmers I had when I was 8)


    So I've been out of the work out routine for ehhh about a year and a half now, pretty much the entire time I've been in school aside from a run here and a yoga class there. So it's about time I got back into shape, just in time for the frigid months of winter...perfect timing! Blech. BUT at least I have my sweet new leg warmers to get me in the working out mood! (sometimes you need something fun and new to get your motivated..or at least I do)

    So anyways, a deal came up on Living Social (one of the many site I visit daily to peruse for a good local deal) for two months of unlimited yoga at Floga Yoga Studio in Newton, MA. Although they don't have the best schedule and are a tad bit out of the way for me, you just can't beat $45 for two months of "all-you-can-yoga." So I'm going to give it a try. If I don't love it I will just go back to my tride and true Prana Yoga Studio, which I love but it gets pricey (as they all do). As for running, I think I need to find a new doc ASAP to take another look at my leg. I still have a lump on it from my July 4th soccer injury, and it hurts from time to time (constantly) so running might not be the best idea.



      Wednesday
      • $1.98 - Dunkin Donuts (medium, hot, black...first hot coffee of the season...ew)
      • $2.45 - Dunkin Donuts (medium, iced, black...hat to cool down after a long day in the field)
      • $11.70 - The VT Country Deli (delicious take-and-back mac and cheese)
      I spent Wednesday tromping through the woods of VT helping a coworker out with three delineations. It was a good day. A long day (hence the two cups of coffee)...but a good day.


        No comments: