We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, October 7

New Online Shopping Discoveries

So as you all know by now I just got back from vacation, and like any of you would if they were just getting back from not having checked your email in 11 days, I spent a lot of time weeding through junk emails. As such, I have been unsubscribing from no less than a gazillion online stores that send me countless updates on every insignificant sale they're running. It's actually quite freeing, and maybe it will help me in spending less time shopping online and more time doing something more important...like blogging (right?).

Anyways, there were a couple of emails for new shopping sites that my friends (ever supporting of my goal of ceasing to shop so mindlessly, a goal which I fear I'm failing miserably at) invited me to, and I have to say I was intrigued, so I chose to sign up for two of them.

The Clymb and SniqueAway.

The Clymb is kind of like Rue La La, only the boutiques are all for outdoor gear/outdoor brands. For example right now they're running deals on Acorn (slippers), and Alite (sleeping bags and bags). Clearly this site is right up  my alley. My only complaint is that they've been running the same deals since I signed up on Tuesday, so they're getting a bit stale for me at this point. I wish they had a higher turnover. I bore easily and would like some new product to peruse. BUT one thing that I must mention is that they ship all of your purchases 100% carbon neutral, which is absolutely fabulous!

SniqueAway, sells exactly what you would think it sells. Getaways for various fabulous location all over the place, much like Jetsetter (which I also check out every now and again, mostly just because they have deals on places that I drool over traveling to, like Bhutan, Bali, Africa, etc.). As far as I can tell so far, SniqueAway has slightly less exotic destination choices, but still some great deals.

So anywho, I thought I'd share my recent discoveries in case any of you had an interest in snagging an ever elusive deal.

No comments: