We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, October 7

Tuesday & Wednesday Damages (10/6 & 10/7)

Tuesday
  • $2.43 - Dunkin Donuts (iced coffee to start my  morning, god how I missed them)
  • $2.66 - Panera (Cinnamon crunch bagel with cream cheese...another thing I missed)
  • $5. 23 - Starbucks (some Pumpkin spice latte thing and a sugary treat)
  • $24.32 - Roche Brothers (food for dinner and some other very random stuff that I passed and bought because it was on sale)
Is it just me or do you get back from vacation and have a need to buy the things you feel you've been deprived of while you were away? In my case, iced coffee and bagels...obviously it was going to be food of some sort, what else would it be?


Wednesday
  • $8.42 - Russo's Market (delicious salad bar and macaroons)
  • $50 - American Cancer Society (donation for D's walk against breast cancer)

  • $465.62 - Michael's Crafts
Okay, so you're probably a little shocked over the amount of money dropped at a crafts store. Let me explain. Aaron and I bought a plethora of paintings while in Greece, and believe it or not I still have a print that I bought when I was in Africa way back in 2002 that needed to be framed. Michael's was having a 60% off sale on custom framing so I couldn't resist. So we got three pieces framed for ourselves, which came to something like $250 or so, then got two pieces custom framed for friends/family for present (getting started on Christmas a little early), and then bought a bunch of do it yourself frames for some smaller prints, which we'll be giving out as gifts.

So while spending close to $500 on framing is a bit steap, I think it's totally worth it. I like to buy art and/or jewelry whenever I go on a trip, and what's the point if you don't get it framed and take care of it when you get back? I mean come on now, it only makes sense. Not to mention we did save a lot of money with that whole 60% off thing.

I should also mention that Aaron will be reimbursing me for some of the cost of the framing, so really the final cost won't be quite so high. Side note: you should have seen his eyes bug out of his head when the lady told me the total. AND some of these are Christmas presents...so we're getting a head start on the holidays already.

    No comments: