We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Thursday, October 7

Spectacular September

Another month gone, and here's the damage...

Total: $2,100
(approximately, I'm not entirely sure how much money I spent in Athens but I just factored in how much I converted and ran with that)

The Breakdown:
Travel - $1,325 (this includes money spent and the hotels once we got there, only a portion of them were paid before we left, I just buy $1,325 worth of stuff while we were away, that would be a tad excessive)
Gifts - $200
Entertainment - $91
Bars/Restaurants (including bars at weddings) - $84
Gas - $82
Random Crap - $82
Clothing - $79.95
Health and Beauty - $67
Groceries - $51
Maggie Mae - $26.55
Coffee - $11.78
Snacks - $1.25

So I realized that I made a slight omission in my frenzy to get ready to leave on vacation. I purchased the Alibi special being offered on Rue La La a ways back and never reported it. It was for two signature drinks and a bottle of wine for two at the Boston bar/lounge Alibi, if you haven't been there before it's a pretty good time, granted it gets a bit crowded later in the night on the weekends. It cost $39, the exact amount of the credit that I had sitting in my account, just waiting to be spent. Well friends, I spent it.

We all knew this was going to be a heavy hitter of a month, given the fact that I was traveling for a decent portion of it. I counted everything that was spent in Greece on this month's tally just to make thing easy for myself.

No comments: